Beskrivning av blog


Welcome to the Alternative Investments Experimental Blog!

Increase your knowledge about alternative investments!
This blog mainly focus on stock market-alternative investments such as forest investments, land investments, property investments, hedge funds, forex investments, and other interesting ways of making money.

I analyze and buy alternative investments with my own money. This gives you fun reading and a guideline how to invest your own money in alternative investments by following my success and learning from my mistakes! :-)


Thursday, November 29, 2012

Introduction to my alternative investments portfolio

I would like to give you an overview of my alternative investments. As you can see from the table below I started 2007 with my first alternative investment. There is quite a diversity of investments and lock-in periods.

Type of investment
Description
Year purchased
Lock-in time
Forest
Growing and owning trees at a teak plantation in Panama
2007
20 years
Property
Apartment to live in and refurbish
2007
None
Automated / robot forex trading
Automated grid-trading forex product
2008
None
Property
Apartment to live in and refurbish
2010
None
Forest
Investment in Baltic forest
2010
5 years
Land development
Land development in Russia
2010
 3 years
Carbon credit investments
2012
1 year
Forest
Teak Brazil
2012
 Min 3 years
Automated / robot stock trading
Automated stock trading product
2012
 None
Forestry
Eucalyptus investment, Brazil 
2012
6-7 years

I will elaborate on the "return on investment" status and give general reflections for each one of the investments above in upcoming posting. So stay tuned and subscribe to my blog, don’t miss out these interesting stories!

I also own stocks and funds, and I see alternative investments as a great complement (especially now, considering the unstable financial market climate that has dominated for a long time). Daily Finance noted in an article roughly two years ago: “If you invested $1,000 in the S&P 500 10 years ago, you would have only $850 today. And that's in nominal dollars, not factoring in inflation. Ouch.” (http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/10/29/top-10-stocks-of-the-last-10-years). Some alternative investments have had a really good journey during the same time. For example, gold has made a 400% increase during the same period…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment