Beskrivning av blog


Welcome to the Alternative Investments Experimental Blog!

Increase your knowledge about alternative investments!
This blog mainly focus on stock market-alternative investments such as forest investments, land investments, property investments, hedge funds, forex investments, and other interesting ways of making money.

I analyze and buy alternative investments with my own money. This gives you fun reading and a guideline how to invest your own money in alternative investments by following my success and learning from my mistakes! :-)


Friday, July 11, 2014

A fishy cold call from Komatsu Global...




Ever heard of the stock broker Komatsu Global? Me neither, until recently. Komatsu Global called me around a week ago claiming they have a great deal going on right now  involving GE stocks, which they expect would rise with 70%. The news that will drive up the price will be released within 90 days according to the conversation. Komatsu Global had already secured a number of stock shares a while back so if I would invest through them I would get another 7% discount due to today’s stock price being higher than when they bought the shares.

They sent some information about themselves and their “Wealth management” concept and then kept calling me three times a day for a follow-up conversation, because they had “breaking news” of the GE stock. Of course they wanted to create a sense of urgency and a “once in a lifetime” deal feeling in order to secure my investment. “An investment of only 50 000 USD” they said. When I told them that I didn’t have that kind of money it was sufficient to invest 5 000 USD. This fancy Senior Portfolio Manager was a smooth-talking guy trying to convince me about this steal. He kept calling even though I had responded in an email to him that I wasn’t interested in receiving further calls. I explained that I was skeptical since I had never heard about Komatsu Global even though he said they had been in business since 2001 and had a really good reputation among their current investors. When I told him that I would see how things develop for the GE stock based on his advice he got really pushy, angry and hung up on me.

I checked the trustworthiness of their homepage (http://www.komatsuglobal.com) through Scamadviser, http://www.scamadviser.com/is-komatsuglobal.com-safe.html, their homepage is only three months old, hosted from the USA (even though they claim to operate from Japan…), and the owner of the homepage is hidden… Sounds strange for a company that has been in business since 2001 to only have a website that is three months old J















So watch out for Komatsu Global!

/Chris

2 comments:

  1. If they pressure you it's a sure sign they are guaranteed to make cash off of you, while you will probably lose (it all). Just put the phone down once you know it's one of them again. These guys don't even know how to spell "friendly" or "considerate". ******* boiler rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree, thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete